Vacancies at Future Worlds Center- Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute
Vacancies – 3 Lawyers
These are three positions under a project funded by ERF Solidarity Funds 2008-2013 implemented by the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute-Future Worlds Center. The project will offer free legal advice and representation to asylum seekers. The duration of the position is for a period of 6 months only.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise asylum seekers (including in detention centers) on the asylum procedure in Cyprus and provide representation during the administrative asylum process.
- Prepare and submit administrative recourses against negative asylum decisions.
- Counsel and provide representation to asylum seekers on access to their rights.
- Law degree
- Lawyer must be registered at the Cyprus Bar Association
- Prior experience or post graduate qualification in asylum issues and/or administrative law will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of both Greek and English languages; knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter/letter of interest.
Deadline for applications: 19th of January 2014. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for the position send your completed application to email@example.com