The Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute-Future Worlds Center seeks a Legal Advisor.
Under a project implemented by the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute and funded by UNHCR, which offers free legal advice and representation to asylum seekers and refugees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise asylum seekers (including in detention centers) on the asylum
procedure in Cyprus and provide representation during the administrative asylum process.
- Prepare and submit administrative recourses against negative asylum decisions.
- Counsel and provide representation to refugees and asylum seekers on access to their rights.
- Law degree (mandatory)
- Prior experience or post graduate qualification in asylum issues and/or administrative law will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of both Greek and English languages.
Applications to be submitted by 14 September 2011 to: